NEWSKeep up to date
You have your undergrad degree. You are thinking what to do next. Where to go next. What country to go to next… At London South Bank University, they are well known across the globe for their research post graduate options and here are more great reasons to apply to study here.
As any post grad is mostly, if not all theory based. LSBU prides themselves with skills and tools you are taught there which will assist you professional world that you wish to be a part of. A postgraduate degree is a step to doctoral research, helping develop extremely important skills and the ability to analyse others work with a professional eye.
The quality of their tuition and student supervision is very important to London South Bank University. All research students can discuss their work on a one-to-one basis with their supervisors and progress is regularly monitored.
Course modules are offered in both qualitative (relating to, measuring, or measured by the quality of something rather than its quantity.) and quantitative research methods. Example of what you will learn: ethics; skills and problems in educational, economic and social research; and oral and written presentation skills. The focus on the oral and written presentation is so that you are fully equip to speaking in front of large crowds confidently and also so that you can professionally combine all your research in what is called “a thesis”.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I APPLY TO LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY?
- You need either a first degree (usually at least a 2:2) or a minimum three years’ post-qualification experience in a relevant field to take a postgraduate degree at LSBU.
- Their Admissions Tutors look for motivated and committed students. It’s very important that postgraduate candidates have high standards in maths, numeracy, communication and IT and can show a good knowledge and interest in the subject area they’re applying for.
- IELTS will be needed in some instances if you are an international student: 5, subject to course. (Please view their website for the subject of your choice to confirm what you will need to score as an overall)
APPLYING FOR A Ph.D
- Candidates need a good standard of English language skills to complete their work and prepare and defend a thesis.
- LSBU also recognise professional experience, work that you have written (publications), reports and other accomplishment (they will need to see proof of this) as well as an ability and background knowledge appropriate to the proposed research.
- To qualify for a PhD at LSBU, you would have had to receive your Masters with a merit or distinction (summa cum laude).
I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO STUDY, HOW DO I APPLY
Please feel free to contact one of our trained International Student Advisors and they will be more than happy to assist with the application process.
COST OF TUTUION AND MONEY EXPENDITURE IN GENERAL
|MSc, MA, PgDip||from £12,500|
|MPhil, PhD||from £12,500|
- Please note that these are rough figures and you would be required to check directly on the LSBU website for your course as a whole)
- All students who enrol for a post grad at LSBU will be awarded with a £2000.00 off their initial fees
- The VISA requirements of the UK also require a student to (when applying for the visa) to prove that they can fully fund themselves for a year. The VISA office requires an additional £9000.00 to be in a bank account of the student for 28days without dropping below the threshold. The bank account cannot be in somebody else’s name, but the student.
- Once you have received your offer letter, you will need a CAS number to be able to apply for your visa. Before your CAS number is issued, you will need to make a deposit payment of £3,500 to the University. This amount will be deducted from your initial fee.
“A man who is master of patience is master of everything else”- George Savile
To make a free application to study at London South Bank University, or any of our 140 partners worldwide, please get in touch today. Although our services are free of charge, we do requite students to full fund their studies.